- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The FDES provides guidance on a core set of environmental indicators that has proven beneficial to inform policy. It is designed to assist all countries in articulating environment statistics programmes by: (i)
- delineating the scope of environment statistics and identifying its constituents;
- contributing to the assessment of data requirements, sources, availability and gaps;
- guiding the development of multipurpose data collection processes and databases; and
- assisting in coordination and organization across institutions.
The FDES (Framework for the Development of Environment Statistics) describes the scope and components of environment statistics as measuring:
- The state of the environment
- Our dependence on the environment
- Our impact on it
- Its impact on us (even negative ones)
- How we protect and manage it